Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Shoyu Garlic Spinach


This is a quick way to prepare a delicious and healthy vegetable as a side for bento (or dinner). One bunch of horenso (spinach) will shrink down considerably, so you may need to cook a second batch. Simply toss the washed spinach into the pan with olive oil and chopped garlic, and stirfry until wilted. At the very end, add a splash of shoyu for flavor and sprinkle with sesame seeds. That's it. Easy, right? You may notice that I cook a lot of things in this exact same manner. Well, it's true that I like quick prep meals, and fewer ingredients also means there's less to remember, and you will probably have everything you need already in the house. Always a plus :)

I'd also like to say Thank you Michelle at Foodie Footsteps for the Over the Top Award!

The rules of this award are to (I'm copying Michelle's words here): answer the questions with only one worded answers (those are below)- thank the blogger who gave it to you over and over and over (that's exaggerated a bit) :)- pass it on to 6 of your favorite blogs. I hereby grant this award to:

Sally's Kitchen

Gourmet Mom on the Go

Cake Wrecks

Mothering Corner

hapa bento

Judy's Bento Box

1. Where is your cell phone? ...pocket
2. Your hair?...long
3. Your mother? ...awesome
4. Your father? ...supportive
5. Your favorite food? ...chocolate
6. Your dream last night? ...realistic
7. Your favorite drink? ..matcha
8. Your dream/goal? ...happiness
9. What room are you in? ..office
10. Your hobby?...bento
11. Your fear?...missed opportunity
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years?...working
13. Where were you last night?...home
14. Something you aren't?...tall
15. Muffins?..cappuccino
16. Wish list item?...laptop
17. Where did you grow up? ...Hawaii
18. Last thing you did? ...eat
19. What are you wearing? ...Tshirt
20. Your TV? ...off
21. Your pets?...dog
22. Your friends?...lifelong
23. Your life? ...cool
24. Your mood? ...calm
25. Missing someone? ...mom
26. Vehicle? ...mini cooper
27. Something you're not wearing?...shoes
28. Your favorite store? .. Daiso
29. Your favorite color?...lavender
30. When was the last time you laughed? ...5m ago
31. Last time you cried? ...last night at the news
32. Your best friend? ...the hubs
33. One place that I go over and over? ...Safeway
34. One person who emails me regularly?..mom
35. Favorite place to eat? ...Little Italy

Have fun everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sherimiya,
    Thanks so much for the awards and I'm really happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherimiya...should I answer all the questions and how should I get the award to paste at my blog???

    ReplyDelete
  3. that spinach looks so yummy... i cook a lot of veg with a very similar method, works on most savory things, which is great as far as i'm concerned!

    loved reading your one-word answers... congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally! Yes, you should paste all the questions to your own blog and put in your own answers...I bet your readers would love it :)
    As for the award, put the URL

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_NJ0cf11leu0/SsQytTEyXlI/AAAAAAAAAIg/J_Iwg1JSflk/s320/overthetop.bmp

    I think this is right. Try and see!

    Hi megan,
    Thanks for the agreement! I think we are of similar minds :) Thanks also for reading my answers... and for visiting me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sherimiya! Thanks for granting me the award. It's an honor to be mentioned amongst the other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're very welcome hapa bento! I enjoy your newsy and picturesque blog!

    ReplyDelete