Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New Japanese Food Carving Book!


It's called The Decorative Art of Japanese Food Carving, by Hiroshi Nagashima, and I glanced through it at Kinokuniya Bookstore last weekend. It looks fantastic, with big glossy pictures and clear tutorials. I wanted to sit right down and read the whole thing immediately, but the rest of my party was restless. Just look at the cover photo of the mini foods ~ is it not the cutest thing you have ever seen, ever?? Of course, if you have been following my blog, you will know that I am a passionate miniature enthusiast...ok, I am obsessed with minis. And lately, carvings too! The tiny sandwich there just blew me away. The other intricately carved shapes are equally as wonderful -- look at the butterfly! Perhaps you might take a look in your local bookstore and see if it's something you might like to buy to give you ideas for cute bento. I know I would love it.... *hint* ^_^

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the info Sheri ... the book will be very useful for bento and cooking also (^.^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That books looks like like it is full of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! I just ordered the book from Amazon (much cheaper...)

    http://www.amazon.com/Decorative-Art-Japanese-Food-Carving

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I love the little minis! What a fun book! Thanks for sharing it with us, I had added it to my wish list :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright! This means we'll be seeing some fancy bento decorations coming from you ladies soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kinokuniya!!!! The NY one, or somewhere else?

    ReplyDelete
  7. San Francisco Japantown.It's so super awesome I can't even describe. Separate Bookstore, Textbook and Stationery stores. Where's the NY one? They probably have it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this special resource, sherimiya! The cover alone has my heart racing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing blog! I've been exploring and giving a thumbs up on everything! Have you considered adding a StumbleUpon button to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your welcome bentobird!! You and me both!

    Hi Spellflinger! Thanks so much for all your thumbs up!!! Really appreciate it, and I have just added the button as per suggestion! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for suggestion ...Really appreciate it

    ReplyDelete