Friday, June 4, 2010

Mameshiba Bento


Mameshiba Bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
It's the end of school / beginning of summer bento! This one is for TinySprite. I got the idea for the mameshiba hot dog rolls from Sofia of From Japan With Love, who posted a picture of mameshiba hot dog sushi that were so cute. I didn't have rice, so I substituted bread which I flattened by rolling with a glass jar, then wrapped the cooked turkey dog and sliced to fit the box. I added nori detail for the faces. I also made a one-egg tamagoyaki with shredded spinach, some cucumber, steamed purple cauliflower, sliced plum and golden apricot. All packed up in my cute Hello Kitty box. She ate it this afternoon before going with her brother to his kung fu class, and I was happy that she ate everything. Even the "purple broccoli", which she bragged about. Next time I'll put a bigger piece in!

Happy Summer bento friends!

20 comments:

  1. Happy Summer!! What an adorable bento to celebrate! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..happy summer back to you! What a cute bento and I love, love,love the cucumber details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, they are super cute! All warm in their blankets! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jenn!
    Thanks Debra!
    Thanks Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aiiii~ sooo cute!!! I'm a big fan of Mamaeshiba!!! <3 <3 <3 It's soooo adorable!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I love the little hotdog rolls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's is so cute...and so great that she loved it. The little faces on the hot dogs a just so cute, do you use tweezers? The tamagoyaki with shredded spinach sounds good too. I wish you made this for me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy summer to all! Perfect Mameshiba faces, this is wonderful...jazzy cukes, flying pandas, let's celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks amazing, not just because of the adorable hot dog rolls but all the colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is really cute and as Mommyof2girlz said colors are amazing. + I love your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still loving this! F had to have her Hello Kitty box too, "just like the one in the picture!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love mameshiba so of course I <3 this! Thanks for doing this. I just started a blog about bento and it really can't compare to your's so if you have any input I would be so happy to hear from you. Thanks, Camille :)

    the blog is: http://bento-adventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The hot dog sushi are adorable!!!! Absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy summer Sheri! Whatta happy and adorable bento to celebrate :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable bento, they are soooo cute! It's amazing how you get such tiny details just perfect. The purple cauliflower is so cool - love the colors that are in your bentos so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful summer bento! :) I just got finally nori cutter so I will be able to make cute faces :)))) Here school is not finished until the end of July so I still have time use it before summer begins for us.
    Hope you are having wonderful weekned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dear, what a lovely bento! Love the cucumber details so much, and the slice plums is so tempting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is so cute it should be considered a crime <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much everyone!!! So sweet, and I really appreciate all your supportive comments a lot!!

    ReplyDelete