Sunday, October 30, 2011

Skull Quail Egg Bento

Skull Quail Egg Bento by sherimiya ♥
Skull Quail Egg Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
Continuing on with the skull theme, today I made a quail egg skull on black rice to accompany some shallow-fried panko chicken, broccoli and roasted kabocha. There are also carrot flowers, corn, strawberries, grapes and honeydew melon. All packed up in my supercool slim double decker Zen box from Bento & Co. I love this box so much it was hard to entrust my boy to take it to school with him, but it's proven quite sturdy and impervious to normal 8-year-old boy wear and tear. So far. You all ready for Halloween? One more day...

10 comments:

  1. Oh...you busted out the stainless steel! You make it look so beautiful!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is my favorite Halloween bento so far this year! I love that skull and the black rice really makes it pop. Too cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very dapper skull, indeed! I love the contrast with the black rice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wicked cute! I might have to make the kidling a pirate bento now. She loves skulls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, your panko chicken looks beautiful and golden! I love the contrast between the pretty carrot flowers and the white skull.. Like Day of the Dead decorations. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Debra, Heather, Natakiya, touchofnectar and Chantale! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete