Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Another Chili Bento

Another Chili Bento by sherimiya ♥
Another Chili Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
Yep, you've seen this one before. It looks a lot like the other chili bentos. And we have it a lot because it's gooooood. It's similar to the basic recipe I've used before but I'll change it up depending on what I have on hand. This time I skipped the hominy and used regular corn, and omitted the chocolate. I scooped it over rice in the thermal jar, and it's good to go. Little side dish for TinySprite holds strawberries and cara cara oranges, since the chili is already packed full of vegetably vitamins. Now that the hotter season is coming up, I may have to skip the thermal bentos for awhile in favor of cool refreshing meals. Can't wait!
Oh, and by the way, I've been baking up a gluten-free storm over here, with some hits and some misses. And some hits that were nowhere near pretty enough for pictures (lemon bars!). I'll bring you up to date on the sweet stuff soon...

4 comments: