Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Dreamy Bento

My Dreamy Bento by sherimiya ♥
My Dreamy Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
We're Baaa-aaack (to-school)! Almost. It's been quite awhile since I've posted here. The truth is, we are finished with summer vacation. As of yesterday. So over the last week we were determined to milk every last drop of freedom with carefree youthful abandon. Remember doing that when you were a kid? Summers seemed to last for ever and ever back then! I still love summers; in fact, I just might love them even more than my kids. MisterMan is still at the age when he looks forward to going back to school and seeing his friends; and TinySprite is starting kindergarten this year (brand-new school and brand-new friends). They both couldn't be more excited about all this. As for me, I need a little transition time to get back into the bentomaking groove, and the homework, and tests, and all that stuff. SIGH.
Here's a beautiful bento I made for myself to pick up my mood. I used my gorgeous and insanely cute Oyako Kuro goldfish box to pack one of my favorite comfort foods. If I were going back to school, this is what I'd want to eat on the first day (omega-3s to kickstart brain function and all): butteryaki salmon, little wedges of kabocha steamed and then pan-fried in the same sauce, alongside garlic spinach hapa rice. A little star radish (pickled would be even better). And an adorable sweets box of cottage cheese, sunflower seeds and sweet ripe strawberries. Yeah. A bento like this would almost get me looking forward to school! Almost. ^_^

3 comments:

  1. This looks amazingly delicious. I would love to have these bentos NOW! The design and the appearance looked so amazing, my Chandler dentist likes this so much. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeously fresh and uplifting! Amazing the beauty of this carefully carved radish...thanks for sharing the cheer!

    ReplyDelete